Well, better late, that never!
Bit of news from Dec 2012 – I took and passed my EMC Proven Professional – VNX Specialist Exam. Or to give it full reference:
(E20-547) VNX Solutions Specialist Exam for Storage Administrators
Tips of anyone also thinking of taking the exam – make sure you read the prerequisites to the course. Not needed for the course if you have been working on a EMC SAN. But I did get questions from these as well as the course.
Prerequisites for Course for the above Certification/Exam
* PowerPath Foundations – Self Study
* VNX Foundations
* VNX Block Storage Provisioning Using Unisphere Wizard
* VNX Application Protection Suite Foundations
* VNX Local Protection Suite Foundations
* VNX File Provisioning using Installation Wizard
* VNX Remote Protection Suite Foundations
Another tip that helped me revise for the exam – use the provided EMC practice exam – on the EMC Education site. At the end of the test – aim to get a score 85%+. Take not of the review summary – will list all questions that you got wrong with a reference to the module in the course. I found there was 2-3 areas that I was weak in and spent more time here revising.
I hope this maybe of use to others.